The aim of this recurring event is to bring together researchers in the fields of quantum field theory, quantum statistical mechanics, quantum information, non-commutative geometry, quantum gravity and cosmology, and related topics of mathematical physics and mathematics.
The workshop begins Friday April 25 at 14:00. It ends Saturday April 26 at 16:15. It takes place in the Senatssaal at the Kollegienhaus, Universitätsstraße 15, 91054 Erlangen.
The workshop dinner will take place Friday at 20:00 in the restaurant Römming, Apfelstr. 2, 91052 Erlangen. Various information can be found here.
A draft program can be found here.
Registration is via email to email@example.com with the subject [lqp34]Anmeldung. Deadline extended to March 31 2014.
Participants who have registered so far include:
- Nils Alex, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Dorothea Bahns, Universität Göttingen
- Benedikt Böhm, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Henning Bostelmann, University of York
- Lukas Brunkhorst, Universität Bremen
- Daniela Cadamuro, University of Bristol
- Jins de Jong, Universität Münster
- Claudio Dappiaggi, University of Padova
- Nicolò Drago, Università di Genova
- Maximilian Düll, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Chiara Entradi, Universität Göttingen
- Eyo E Ita, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- Francesco Fidaleo, Università di Tor Vergata Roma
- Leander Fiedler, Universität Hannover
- Christian Fleischhack, Universität Paderborn
- Antoine Géré, University of Genova
- Kristina Giesel, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Luca Giorgetti, Universität Göttingen
- Maximilian Hanusch, Universität Paderborn
- Christian Köhler, Universität Wien
- Suzanne Lanery, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Thorsten Lang, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Klaus Liegener, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Simone Murro, Universität Regensburg
- Pieter Naaijkens, Leibnitz Universität Hannover
- Stefan Nekovar, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Gabriele Nosari, Università di Pavia
- Robert Oeckl, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Almut Oelmann, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Andrei Patrascu, University College London
- Carlos Perez-Sanchez, Universität Münster
- Daniele Pranzetti, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Karl-Henning Rehren, Universität Göttingen
- Deividas Sabonis, Vilnius University
- Jan Schlemmer, Universität Wien
- Hanno Sahlmann, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Daniel Siemssen, Università di Genova
- Jacob Steiner, ETH Zürich
- Michael Stiller, DESY
- Yoh Tanimoto, Universität Göttingen
- Gennaro Tedesco, Universität Göttingen
- Thomas Thiemann, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Luca Tomassini, University of Rome
- Rainer Verch*, Universität Leipzig
- David Winnekens, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Derek Wise , Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Michal Wrochna, Université Paris-Sud
- Thomas Zilker, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
*: to be confirmed
Travel Directions to Erlangen
The venue is located in walking distance from the Erlangen central train station “Erlangen Hauptbahnhof”. The train station is served by high speed trains (ICE,IC) from all major German cities. Train schedules and connections can be found on the train schedule site of Deutsche Bahn, which also allows one to make reservations and book tickets.
By plane via Nuremberg airport
The closest international airport is Nuremberg airport, which is located about 20 km from Erlangen in the city of Nuremberg and has flights to many destinations in Europe and overseas. From the airport, you can take the underground line U2 to Nuremberg Central Station, which takes about 12 minutes. From Nuremberg Central station, there are frequent regional trains to Erlangen Central Station, which take about 15 to 25 minutes. Another option is to take a taxi. A taxi from Nuremberg airport or Nuremberg Central Station to Erlangen costs about 25 to 30 euros.
Regional trains between Nurnberg and Erlangen can be used with a regional ticket that is valid also in the underground. You can buy this ticket directly from the ticket machines in the underground station at the airport by selecting “Erlangen Hbf” as destination. Information about different types of tickets and fares can be found on the website of the local transport company VGN. For the schedules of the regional trains between Nuremberg and Erlangen, see the VGN connection site or the train schedule site of Deutsche Bahn .
By plane via Munich airport or Frankfurt airport
If there are no good connections from your departure airport to Nuremberg airport, another option is to fly to Munich airport or Frankfurt airport and take a train to Erlangen from there. The train travel times are about 2 h and 30 minutes from Munich airport and about 2 to 3 hours from Frankfurt airport.
From Frankfurt airport there are direct trains to Erlangen as well as trains which require a change in Nuremberg. From Munich airport, one first takes a regional train (S-Bahn) to Munich Central Station (München Hbf), which takes 40 to 45 minutes and runs every 15 minutes. From Munich Central Station to Erlangen Central Station, there are direct trains (2 hours) and trains with a change in Nuremberg (approximately 1 hour and a half). For train schedules and connections, see the train schedule site of Deutsche Bahn.
We have reserved a number of rooms in the following hotels:
- Hotel Altmanns Stube
Theaterplatz 9, D-91054 Erlangen
Tel.: +49 (0)9131 8 91 60
Fax: +49 (0)9131 89 16 66Price is 75EUR per single room, the rooms are reserved until March 25.
- Hotel Fränkischer Hof
Goethestraße 34, D-91054 Erlangen
Tel.: +49 (0)9131 872-0
Fax: +49 (0)9131 23798Price is 60EUR per single room, including breakfast. The rooms are reserved until April 11.
- AB Hotel
Harfenstr 1c, D-91054 Erlangen
Tel.: +49 (0)9131 9244700
Fax: +49 (0)9131 9244720Price is 40EUR per single room, including breakfast. The rooms are reserved until April 11.
When you reserve a room in those hotels, please use the keyword “LQP34”. Note that the rooms in Fränkischer Hof are rather basic, and the rooms in AB Hotel very basic.
We have some funds to cover travel and accommodation for some participants. If you would like to receive support, please indicate this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject [lqp34]Support, no later than Mach 20.
The workshop will take place in the Kollegienhaus, Universitätsstraße 15, 91054 Erlangen.