Physics seminar Noncommutative Geometry
Zeit und Ort:
Sign-up via StudOn: https://www.studon.fau.de/crs3225204_join.html
- Fr 10:00-12:00 Uhr, Zoom-Meeting
Studienfächer / Studienrichtungen
- WF Ph-BA 56789ABCDEF (ECTS-Credits: 5)
- WF Ph-MA 123456789ABCDEF (ECTS-Credits: 5)
Voraussetzungen / Organisatorisches
Language is German or English for BSc students, and English for MSc students.
Due to COVID regulations, we will be working online, at least initially.
First meeting with distribution of talks: Friday 06.11. 10:00
The seminar will serve as an introduction to noncommutative geometry. Topics covered include:
- Topological spaces, C**-algebras, Gelfand duality
- Riemannian geometry
- Clifford algebra, Spinors and the Dirac equation
- Connes duality
- Finite noncommutative spaces
- non-commutative Riemannian spin manifolds
- gauge theory from noncommutative geometry
- towards the standard model from noncommutative geometry
We will use mostly textbooks and lecture notes as a basis for the preparation of the talks.