Eighth Tux Workshop on Quantum Gravity (2020)
Monday, February 10 to Friday, February 14, 2020
|This year’s conference is supported by the University of Regensburg through a “Drittmittelanreizsystem” grant associated to the Junior Research Group “Quantum Gravity Techniques for Real World Applications of the Gauge/Gravity Duality”.|
The draft schedule, as per 24.1.2020, is here: Tux 2020 Program v6
- All approaches to loop quantum gravity (e.g. canonical, covariant, GFT)
- Other approaches to quantum gravity and their relation to LQG
- LQG related quantum gravity phenomenology
- Quantum gravity topics of general interest
- GR and differential geometry topics of general interest
A workshop dinner is planned at the Höllenstein-Hütte. Links to previous Tux meetings can be found here .
- Please register your participation in the workshop by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and before Dec 8, 2019.
- Please send title and abstract of your proposed talk to email@example.com. The deadline for talk submission is Sunday, January 5, 2020, although earlier submission is strongly encouraged.
- Please also indicate your date of arrival and departure.
A current list of registered participants can be found here.
Unfortunately, this year we will very likely *not* have any financial support available for participants.
Since most of the accommodation in Tux is in small guest houses and pensions, and the level of service – and prices – vary widely, it is impractical for us to book accommodation for everybody.
Note that affordable accommodation tends to sell out quickly, it is advised to book soon. There is a tourist service that can find accommodation according to your specifications and help with the booking:
You can book online on the above website (select “detailed search”), but it may also be helpful to call them, as not all places are bookable online. They speak English:
Phone +43 5287 8506
Fax +43 5287 8508
Please notice that the conference venue is in Tux-Lanersbach:
If you stay in Hintertux or in Finkenberg, you would have to take a bus to get there.
Should you encounter any problems with finding accommodation, we are there to help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The nearest international airports are Munich and Innsbruck. From there, Tux can be reached by bus, train, or shuttle. If you are interested in shuttle service, please check out
Four Seasons Travel
Tel: +43 512 584157
They offer affordable two way transfer from Munich airport. They say a typical wait at the airport is 30 minutes. If a certain number of people arrive on the same plane and book together, there is a rebate.
If you come by public transport, the situation is as follows: The regular trains of the German and Austrian railway companies stop in Jenbach. From there, there is a train connection with the Ziller Valley Railway Company to Mayrhofen. Mayrhofen is some 15km from Tux, and there are buses that run between Mayrhofen and Tux. You can find the schedules as well as more detailed information on the travel page and the schedules page of the tourist information in Tux
If you arrive late or have to leave early, there might be no suitable connection between Jenbach and Tux. In this case, please let us know, and we will try to organize some kind of car transport for you.
There is some more information on the website of the tourist center above.
Please note that we can not support visa applications in many cases. Please contact Hanno Sahlmann <hanno.sahlmann_at_gravity.fau.de> in case of doubt.
- Norbert Bodendorfer <Norbert.Bodendorfer_at_googlemail.com>
- Christian Fleischhack <fleischh_at_math.uni-paderborn.de>
- Jerzy Lewandowski <Jerzy.Lewandowski_at_fuw.edu.pl>
- Hanno Sahlmann <hanno.sahlmann_at_gravity.fau.de>